The Face Shop Ink Lasting Foundation Glow review (NEW!)

You might be familiar with the original The Face Shop's Ink Lasting Slim Fit foundation. "Glow" is the new version they have released, probably because of how popular the original one is. I have not tried the original one but decided to buy the glow version after seeing a Korean Youtuber's review on it.
Now, I'm not in love with this foundation and I will try to quickly break down the reasons "why".

Some basic facts:
  • SPF 30 PA++
  • 5 shades (mine is no. V103 Pure beige, the lightest shade)
  • Price: ~$14-15
The foundation has small glitter particles. This is not what I expected when I heard thought of glow but the glitter is not very noticible. I actually only noticed it after cleaning a swatch off of my hand and I saw how glittery it was. 😁 Actually, the foundation isn't that glowy. Sure, it's not matte but if you love the extremely dewy look, this is not it. When it comes to the sparkle, it's only noticeble in sunlight but even that can be a deal breaker to some.

Coverage: Good! I would say medium light coverage. As you can see, my redness and pores are covered up well.

Lasting Power:
Not very long lasting. I found this foundation to be extremely similar to Missha's Radiance foundation (the new one) but Missha's lasts better throughout the day. The Face Shop's Ink lasting looked... crusty after 5 hours. It looks quite pretty in the beginning but only 3 hours in and it was starting to look patchy and accentuated dryness. My nose especially looked horrible at the end of the day. Not a cute look. For me, it settled in fine lines, too.


The shade. It's sort of... pink-ish? I prefer foundations with a more yellow undertone. It does seem to oxidize on my hand but I didn't notice it on my face. I usually go for the shade 21 (or whatever is the lightest shade) and this was a good match for my pale skin.

Conclusions! I'm not a fan. I feel like it might work if you have oily skin with no dry patches whatsoever but even then, it's not very long lasting. I've tried this foundation a lot and I haven't been able to make it work. For me it's a pass. It transfers easily and accentuates dry patches I didn't even know I had haha

You can buy it here for $19

Mentioned (my foundation suggestion, same price but better in my opinion): Missha's Radiance foundation $17 Yesstyle| $11 (but most shades are sold out) Jolse

0 Comments